Sherri Dennis is a registered nurse and an attorney, with over 25 years of combined experience in her two professions. A graduate of the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Campus, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, she is experienced in many areas that focus on the care and needs of the elderly, from primary hands-on treatment in critical care to coordinating healthcare services through case management.
In 2003, as part of her commitment to serving the needs of the elderly, Sherri earned her law degree from George Mason School of Law and focused her practice on litigating elder abuse in long-term care facilities.
Since joining The Clark Law Firm, Sherri uses her experiences as a nurse and attorney to assist clients in a wide variety of elder law matters, including estate planning, end of life issues, residency needs and issues, coordinating private and public resources for funding care, and advocating for the rights of seniors.
Sherri lives in Leesburg with her family. An avid gardener, Sherri is a member of the Leesburg Garden Club, which provides many community service projects to help inspire the love of gardening. These include raising funds for scholarships that are awarded to students interested in nature and horticulture. Sherri is also an active member of St. James Episcopal Church.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Long-Term Planning
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- District of Columbia
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- Juris Doctorate., 2003
- University of Arkansas Medical Science Campus, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Bachelor of Science, 1986
- Major: Nursing
- Elder Abuse and Virginia Law, St. James Episcopal Church, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2013
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2013